New Model BenQ MX550 DLP Projector XGA 3600 ANSI HDMI 3D Ready
You will be amazed by projection in your lounge room too!
Football / Movies - it's all Digital Data. Data projectors are better in well lit rooms.
You need 3D glasses to watch movies in 3D they can be purchased as options.
-- The Epson TW5600 is also very good for lounge rooms & board rooms.
Tailor-made for simple, reliable performance in meeting rooms day in and day out, BenQ MX550 combines bright big-picture quality, intuitive hassle-free operation, and convenient digital connectivity with environmentally conscious power savings and budget-friendly low total cost of ownership.
- 3600 ANSI Lumen High Brightness for Stunning Presentations
- 20,000:1 High Native Contrast for Crisp Readability
- Dual HDMI inputs for multiplatform digital connectivity
- Simple Setup, Intuitive Operation, and Hassle-Free Maintenance
- Eco-Friendly Low Total Cost of Ownership
Projector example side-by-side but you'd never guess from specifications.
BenQ W1090 vs. Epson EH TW5300 (Basically the same as TW5600)
You'll need more ANSI (the way it's measured) brightness for well lit rooms.
- Data Projectors are often used for sports events, they offer a easy to set up projector that you can move from room to room.
Home Theater or Cinema projectors are wasted if you have a lot of light in the room.
The only way you can really see the difference is to cut down the ambient light. Then, especially in dark scenes a "proper" home cinema projector will run rings around most data projectors. Turn the lights way up and the opposite happens but subtle details will be lost.
- If you have a brightly lit room you need a bright projector, it overcomes the ambient brightness in the room.
- Brightness (higher ANSI lumens) fools the eye to perceive black when in fact the black is simply less white than the very bright whites.
- As a general rule Data projectors are brighter but less subtle in a dark room.
- You can buy a DATA projector for the board room and use it in the lounge room.
- Don't buy a Home Cinema projector and try to use it in a well lit board room or commercial application.