It's not all about the numbers printed on the box..
From 4-5m back it's very hard to see the difference between 4K and 1080HD.
Take IMAX for example they are all THX (for the colours) but only use 2-4K dots for a screen size of 22 x 16m. The smaller the screen the less dots needed. Your projection screen may be 1/10th of IMAX. From any distance you can see how accurate the colours are, so you may need to decide between more dots and more accurate colours if your budget is $2,000-$3,000 range.
W8000 THX Certified Home Projectors UNDER HALF PRICE!
".While the W8000 doesn’t offer the last word in black level performance, for those who prefer a brighter picture they may just have found the perfect match. It also means that it may be better than some of its competitors in a room that isn’t able to be completely blacked out. With its very film-like presentation, the W8000 has an image that many are going to immediately warm to.." -- Review
See also HCC review
So how to you get a MASSIVE 300 inch (25 foot) Screen?
HCC teams up with Mr. Antenna
Mr Antenna has technicians that service Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth with all antenna and audio visual needs. Their technicians are highly skilled and trained in all aspects of their field. Mr Antennas simple booking procedure ensures a seamless process and local technician to service you installation.
100% Guaranteed Work - Expert Advice & Service - Free Quotes
Mention Home Cinema Central when booking your installation to receive a 10% discount!
You can save the THX certified BenQ W8000
Big W vs. Q both 1080P native one is half the size and price!
Entry Level True 4K BenQ TK800 Sports Projector.
- The TK800 is basically a W1700 tuned for brighter colours in well lit rooms.
- The W1700 has about 6% more colour space coverage so it's close to the full Rec. 709 as per W3000.
Did you know.. True 4K vs Epson's Enhancement..
True 4K - Deal of the month!
FREE UPGRADE to "Lamp Free" BenQ X12000 (While stocks last)
This does not mean any projectors are bad..
An affordable TRUE (not "enhanced") 4K projector at last!
BenQ W1700 4K HDR CineHome Projector with CinematicColor™ technology expands the thrill of giant screen visuals in your living room. Gather your friends and family in front of the stunning 4K HDR images with immense video and resounding audio enhancement to enjoy an authentic digital cinema experience.
- True 4K UHD 8.3M Pixel resolution
- Hyper-Realistic Video Quality with Projector-Optimized HDR
- BenQ CinematicColor™ Technology for supreme colors
- >96% Rec.709 with Optimized RGBRGB Color Wheel
- Auto Vertical Keystone Correction
BenQ W1090 vs. Epson EH TW5300 (Basically the same as TW5600)
Tips for buying on the net and getting a delivery
If you're spending thousands on the web it may be worthwhile considering a company like
our ausmedia.com.au that's been going since 1984 and accepts BPAY payments.
Most "so-so" operations don't accept BPAY because it's too hard for them to get approval.
Beware of GRAY MARKET as some tell fibs about the real warranty, always read the fine print.
New or updated & Reviews
Longhorn Projection Screens are here..
The new Slim Line 2018 range here now!
- The Longhorn Lumière Series Projection Screen is the choice for discerning buyers that want a high-end projection screen without breaking the budget.
- The Lumière Series has been designed and tested in Australia to exacting standards to ensure you many years of happy viewing.
- Only the best quality finishes are used and the result is a stunning looking projection screen with performance to match.
- When compared to some more expensive projection screens the amount of light leakage is minimal giving you a more efficient gain screen thus enhancing your projection experience.
More information please visit longhorn.com.au
Looking for the best price & deals on
3D-HD Projectors or Scanners & Printers?
New BenQ W11000H Home Cinema Projector with HDR