| January 2020 - Reviews & Prices Projectors, AV Sound Systems - [Byers Guide]
BenQ 4K Projectors Capture No.1 Market Share Worldwide last year in 2019
Record High 42.43% Market Share in Australia, and BenQ Won Internationally Renowned EISA Awards Sydney, AUSTRALIA, for Q2.
– As the world’s No.1 DLP projector brand, BenQ continues to dominate the 4K projector segment in 2019. Carrying on the leading momentum from 2018, BenQ not only achieved worldwide No.1 position with 32.1% market share, but hit a record high 42.43% market share of 4K projector in Australia CYQ2 2019*. Thanks to BenQ’s exclusive CinematicColor™ technology that offers long-lasting accurate colour for movie lovers and outstanding product design, the latest 4K home cinema projectors W2700 and W5700 won internationally renowned EISA (Expert Imaging and Sound Association) awards in the 2019/2020 Best Buy Projector (W2700) and Home Theatre Projector (W5700) categories. The awards were presented at an official ceremony the first day of IFA, Berlin, on 6th September 2019. These achievements cemented BenQ as the top brand in 4K projector segment, and boosted customer preference as well as renowned media recognition for the brand.
“We’re pleased to achieve such accomplishments as No.1 in 4K projector segment again. In addition, winning two EISA awards for 4K home cinema projectors, which are important as they are from a well-respected organisation. The winning W2700 and W5700 4K home cinema projectors have been recognised for their true 4K HDR CinematicColor technology in particular, which offers big-screen, cinematic experiences, as envisioned by filmmakers. It’s great to be recognised for products that are pushing the boundaries in home cinema technology.” Martin Moelle, Managing Director of BenQ Australia said, “We will continue to embrace innovative technologies to release an entire line-up that revolutionises and popularises 4K home projectors as an integral part of everyone’s home cinema viewing experience.”
- Watch out for the new BenQ TK850 home sports / cinema projector due out later this year hopefully just in time for Christmas!
- The TK850 will take on and show up the new Epson TW7100. It has the same brightness & REAL addressable 4K rather than "Clayton's 4K" (Simulated) which by now Epson should have found a way to make real .
- Can you tell the difference between Epson's 4K and BenQ's? Probably not if you're sitting a few meters from the screen.
- Do some people get headaches watching single chip DLP displays? In our opinion yes a few do for sure.
-- It's not a big percentage but in our humble experience people that tend to get motion sickness easily may be at risk from display methods that present colours sequentially.
- Should people that suffer from epilepsy use sequential colour displays. In our opinion, never.
It's worth noting that due to the $AUD there may be more price rises for the W2700 & W5700 projector models.
Stock may be hard to come by as Christmas approaches also.
BenQ's amazing W2700 4K projector with what you've been wishing for in a low cost 4K projector is now available.
BenQ have also upgraded (100% Rec. 107 and more..) their popular entry level TRUE 4K model W1700 to W1700M.
Check out the W2700 & W5700 for TRUE 4K. The BenQ W5700 Home Theatre projector has the lot at a very reasonable price, it's all you could want in top of the line 4K (True, addressable) home cinema. The BenQ's W5700 also has a longer throw distance than the W2700. The W2700 is an ideal "plug in" upgrade from the W1070 having the same shorter zoom and mount points. Speaking of mounts, if you want the best to go with your new TRUE 4K BenQ projector then check out the new W2700 and W5700 Ultramounts at AIM.
The New BenQ 4K Projectors could be in short supply as production ramps up towards Christmas so much so that some are being air-freighted to Australia as soon as they come off the limited production line.
"..Building on this, the $2,499 W2700 can reproduce 100% of the Rec. 709 HD/Blu-ray colour gamut and 95% of the DCI/P3 colour gamut used in 4K UHD and commercial cinema.
Stepping up to the W5700 brings both 100% of Rec. 709 and DCI/P3 colour gamuts. At $3,999, the W5700 is to the best of my knowledge, the cheapest projector on the market that can reproduce full DCI-P3 colour."
New 4K projectors offer Double the size, 1/250th the price!
The W1700/W2700 are TRUE 4K (Not "Enhanced") Home Cinema projectors at Entry Level Prices.
BenQ W1700 4K HDR CineHome Projector with CinematicColor™ technology expands the thrill of giant screen visuals in your living room. Gather your friends and family in front of the stunning 4K HDR images with immense video and resounding audio enhancement to enjoy an authentic digital cinema experience.
Best Genuine Price at AIM Digital
See also high new W2700
HCC recommends Mr. Antenna
Mr Antenna has technicians that service Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth with all antenna and audio visual needs. Their technicians are highly skilled and trained in all aspects of their field. Mr Antennas simple booking procedure ensures a seamless process and local technician to service you installation.
100% Guaranteed Work - Expert Advice & Service - Free Quotes
Call 131149 to book or find out more!